Thursday, August 31, 2006

Soliloquy #1

Another chapter of my life is about to close
And here I am hanging in the abyss of loneliness
Disillusionment
Uneasiness
Almost angry
Close to suicidal
Empty
Stupid
State…

I do care so much to the point that I do not care anymore
I’m trying to live a life but it feels like I’m closing in to the grave everyday
I’m not even sure if these are valid claims

Of a 22-year old, 5’ tall young lady
Or the unwarranted angst of a childish, middle-class, relatively carefree, UP-bred, confused and dazed animal lurking inside of me.


Rome wasn’t built in a day, I know. But can I at least grow up in a year?


**This is almost a documentary. A peek into the life of a yuppie trying to keep her wits intact. This was written sometime LAST YEAR so it's a cause of celebration on my part. Yipee!

No comments: